Strike Acceptable Use Policy
Last Updated: August 9, 2022
You must not use any of Strike’s services or products (“Services”) (or authorize or enable any third party to use the Services) for the following activities without our prior written approval. If you believe your use may fit into one of these categories, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Financial services (except those prohibited in the Prohibited Businesses Section below);
- Government-owned or -controlled entities;
- Regulated pharmaceuticals;
- Unregulated supplements-related businesses (including vitamins);
- Tobacco or e-cigarettes;
- Cannabis businesses;
- Car, boat, and plane dealers;
- Pawn shops;
- Precious metals dealers;
- Professional service providers (accountant, lawyer, etc.);
- Businesses with any sales or locations in the U.S. Department of Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control sanctioned jurisdictions list;
- Travel agencies;
- Import/export companies;
- Paraphernalia that may potentially be used for illegal activity; and
Strike does not support and you must not use the Services (or authorize or enable any third party to use the Services) for the provision of the following business activities:
- Illegal, Inappropriate, or Offensive Items or Activities. Any goods or services that violate local, state, or federal laws or regulations or that would be generally offensive to others. Examples include stolen goods, materials that infringe the intellectual property rights of others (including pirated software and counterfeit goods), items that defame or slander others, hate literature, occult materials, and an other items or activities that in our judgment are illegal, inappropriate, or offensive in connection with the Services.
- Drugs and Pseudo-Pharmaceuticals. Illegal drugs, online or mail order pharmacies, importation of pharmaceuticals from foreign countries, and products that make health claims that have not been approved or verified by the applicable local or national regulatory body.
- Restricted Financial Services. Including check cashing, cash back services, wire transfers, money orders, currency exchanges or dealers, bill-pay services, insurance, bail bonds, collections agencies, securities brokers, mortgage consulting, debt reduction services, credit counseling or repair, investment services, lending instruments, and law firms collecting funds for any purpose other than to pay fees owed to the firm for services provided by the firm.
- Gambling. Including lottery tickets, auctions, sports-related gambling, casino gaming chips, off-track betting, and wagers at races.
- Adult Services. Adult entertainment directly providing sex-related products or services.
- Dangerous Goods. Sales of (i) firearms, firearm parts or hardware, and ammunition, (ii) weapons or other devices designed to cause physical injury, (iii) toxic, flammable, or radioactive materials; or fireworks or related goods.
- Marketing Businesses. Telemarketing, multi-level marketing, pyramid schemes, network marketing, referral marketing, rebate-based businesses, and up-sell merchants.
You agree not to (and not to authorize or enable any third party to) use the Services to engage in or promote any activity that may pose legal risk or risks to the rights, property, reputation, or security of Strike, its third-party partners, its other users, or any other person, including but not limited to the following:
- Engaging in any illegal or unauthorized activity.
- Using the Services if you or your financial institution(s) are subject to sanctions or otherwise designated on any list of prohibited or restricted parties, or owned or controlled by such a party, including but not limited to the lists maintained by the United Nations Security Council, the US Government (e.g., the US Department of Treasury's Specially Designated Nationals list and Foreign Sanctions Evaders list and the US Department of Commerce's Entity List), the European Union or its member states, or other applicable government authority.
- Directly or indirectly exporting, re-exporting, transmitting, or causing to be exported, re-exported or transmitted, any goods to any country, individual, corporation, organization, or entity to which such export, re-export, or transmission is restricted or prohibited, including any country, individual, corporation, organization, or entity under sanctions or embargoes administered by the United Nations, US Departments of State, Treasury or Commerce, the European Union, or any other applicable government authority.
- Engaging in unfair, predatory, or deceptive practices, including investment opportunities or other services that promise high rewards, sale or resale of a service without added benefit to the buyer, resale of government offerings without authorization or added value, and other uses that we determine in our sole discretion to be unfair, deceptive, or predatory toward consumers.
- Engaging in any activity which operates to defraud Strike, Strike’s users, or any other person or provides any false, inaccurate, or misleading information to Strike.
- Infringing on our, or any third party's, copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; sell, rent, lease, sublicense, or distribute access to the Services; or reverse engineer, modify, tamper with, repair, copy, reproduce, adapt, distribute, display, publish, translate, disassemble, decompile, or otherwise attempt to create any source code or any derivative works that are derived from the Services.
- Interfering with third party’s access to or use of the Services; defame, abuse, extort, harass, stalk, or threaten a third party; harvest or otherwise collect information from the Services about others without proper consent; or interfere with, disrupt the functionality of, or gain unauthorized access to the Services.
- Representing yourself as an agent of Strike.